- MPU6050 sensor module is an integrated 6-axis Motion tracking device.
- It has a 3-axis Gyroscope, 3-axis Accelerometer, Digital Motion Processor and a Temperature sensor, all in a single IC.
- It can accept inputs from other sensors like 3-axis magnetometer or pressure sensor using its Auxiliary I2C bus.
- If external 3-axis magnetometer is connected, it can provide complete 9-axis Motion Fusion output.
- A microcontroller can communicate with this module using I2C communication protocol. Various parameters can be found by reading values from addresses of certain registers using I2C communication.
- Gyroscope and accelerometer reading along X, Y and Z axes are available in 2’s complement form.
- Gyroscope readings are in degrees per second (dps) unit; Accelerometer readings are in g unit.
For more information about MPU6050 Sensor Module and how to use it, refer the topic MPU6050 Sensor Module in the sensors and modules section.